Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here and really enjoy this forum. I own a 1992 Chevy 4x4 w/350. After driving it for a while on the e-way and after I got on it to pass someone, I smell a sulfur kind of aroma come through the vents. My question is....What is it and/or why do I smell it? Thanks for any of your inputs.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, my truck smelled sorta like burning, sulferish, kinda propane-like smell when I burnt the clutch packs out. But thats tota

Maybe someone lit a match in the car in front of you with the window down.

any actual symptoms or problems?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its an automatic and no, there are no problems ((YET)). I asked around and someone said it could be the cadillac converter. He said it could be clogged up a little.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Yeah, a bad CAT can cause that sulfer/rotten egg smell. My dads cat was making that smell about a year ago and it was the cat but intead of replacing it he just let it go. In about April we were driving down the X-way and all of a sudden there was a loud POP and I looked back and here the damn cat blew out all the beads and they where shooting out the tail pipe!!!!!

Ryan

93 GMC Yukon
Chevy SuperStock 4x4 Truck Puller
Great Lakes Truck & Tractor Pulling Association
http://www.greatlakespull.com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Taco bell seems to crate that smell in my truck after driving for a while. Try rolling the windows down may help. good luck.

"Bubba Tub" 1977 K-10 350,Th350,Np203 D60/14ff 4.56's Detroit Rear. 7" lift, 39.5/16.5 Swamper TSL's.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
Just wanted to point out it's CATALYTIC convertor, not CADILLAC convertor. Don't feel dumb or anything, I had a neighbor who was an "auto expert" who insisted it was cadillac convertor, since Cadillac had first used them back in the 50's or somethin'./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif He could turn a wrench, but didn't know terms for s$%t.

Anyways, I'd recommend checking the battery and the cat. My battery fried on me (insulated winter battery from Michigan in 110 degree SoCal summer heat) and it smelled like that.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350, 4L60, Rancho 2" lift, 285/75R16 AT's, K&N, Flowmaster, MSD stuff/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts