Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boss, that is the last pic of tRusty the day before being smoked by a drunk in Portland!/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif

Looks like I'm starting over...

Steve, now you're gonna have to trade the UAV in for a RAV-4...you know, "when pigs fly..."/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Rene

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Shawn,
After that pic we wheeled for a few more hours, then I drove back to Portland the next morning (about 80 miles or so) Got rearended by a 77 Ford 1/2 ton doing 50 MPH when she hit me. I gave tRusty a good once over had a good stretch and drove the 300 miles home...

Thats why I named her tRusty! /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Rene

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So whats the scoop? Will it live? 50mph rearend must of did some damage.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
At first glance it doesn't look bad aside from the spare tire and carrier that almost went through the tailgate. My custom fabbed bumper did bend a little, thats no big deal.
Its all the other things that you have to look for, namely the frame is bent and most of the body is tweaked. I have no gaps between the doors and the body anymore, my dashpad does not hook into the front by the windsheild anymore either. The drunk turned just a little at the last second and didn't hit me square, the passenger frame rail took almost all the impact and it shows if you know ehere to look.
The worst part is that she had no insurance or license to drive either, plus I don't live in the US. I will get paid eventually but for now I have to fix or replace the truck out of pocket. After mulling it over for a week or so and getting a good feel for how bent it really is I decided to buy Rocko's 83 Blazer...80% restored from the frame up. The body and frame are perfect it just needs paint and some assembly. He sold it to me for $800 and it was an original Texas truck. The only hitch is that its 2400 miles away. I'm driving down and flat towing it back...with tRusty /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
I'll swap my entire drivetrain into the 83 and give it an inexpensive paint job./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

Rene

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rene, When are you going to Texas and what route are you taking? I am just off of I-10 in Tucson and if you are going by I would like to see the new & old iron. Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think I'll be coming through AZ...Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, and finally Texas. Then the reverse for the way home.

Sorry dude./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats too bad. Sorry to hear about that. The important part is you're ok and at least you can still drive it and get the 83.

Thats going to be a long drive.

Shawn
87 K5
few mods

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, yaknow, if the frame isn't bent in a neccessary area, just bob it!/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif whenever I get the rusty, hole infested tub off my 87, and get a pickup cab on there, I'm gonna see what I can do to bob it. All I know is that it won't be much of a K-5 anymore. Hopefully it'll turn out like a red K-10 shortbed I saw on Pirate 4x4. So, anyone got a 73-87 fullsize p/u cab?

http://billybob.coloradok5.com
87K5 w/ "natural AC" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.