Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like every trip. I tried to get the jeep ship shape for the ride. I tried to fix and intake leak, got all the fluids topped off. I towed the jeep to our hotel, everything went well. The first night i was driving the jeep in search of a liquor store, hey this is a hotel jeep trip.. time to party /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif, my jeep started to hesitate and bog down. It was dark that night so i did not mess with it till morning. The morning came and checked the jeep. It turned out to be some condensation in the distributer cap. Everything was a go. The club was leaving, me and another guy was stragling. Well we tried to catch up. We lost the club. Turned out the went right instead of left. We could not reach them by radio. Well me and the other jeep made the best of it and went to another off-road area. Had a great time. In the middle of the ride I lost fluid to my rear brakes. I top it off, everything works get going and finished the ride. Got back to hotel with the rest of club members and start sharing stories. We decided to get food. I got into jeep and the brake pedal felt too soft. Checked the MC again and it needed fliud. Topped her off and drove. Now i noticed that the steering was binding alot. Got food and returned. Played in the pool, drank beer, told stories and went to bed. Morning comes and i prep jeep for ride. MC needed some more fluid again. I crawl underneath and notice the rear tire "wet" I start wiping down tire. I thought it was gear oil because i run a full floater rear end, but the paint came off in the rag. Well I know where the leak is from, i blew a wheel cylinder. I cut the line and pinched it closed. I got some brakes now. I have to add a quart of oil, because the intake was still not sealed up. Transfercase is leaking, And I find out that my power steering pump is dieing. We went on the ride for the day. We found mud, had a great time, helped others with borken vehicles and got back to the hotel. This is a great trip weekedn, but i wish my jeep had not deciided to leak like mad and kill off the cylinder and pump. Well i have a list of stuff to do this week. But all in all it was totally worth the experience. I will have some pics soon. I know plan on saving for my swampers. I needed them in the mud, my all-terrains really slicked up in the baby poo mud.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

G

·
I feel your pain!!! I just got all the bearings in the rear ends repacked, along with rebuilding the bottom end of the 350 saturday morning from the excapade last weekend!!! Well, a nice strong windstorm came through sunday night and knocked down quite a few trees at the inlaws house.In the middle of winching a very large oak tree off of the fence, it decides it wants a piece of my jeep!! Well, instead of letting more line out or stopping, all I could see was this huge tree trying to eat me..It got my hood pretty good and in the midst of nailing it trying to get away from the tree(of which I was tied to) The adapter on the 205 decided to split in half and render the jeep useless!!! I'm not looking forward to the next holiday at all right now!!

It's as close to a 1ton as it can get and still be a jeep!!! Gotta love it!!

G

·
Dan,

We didn't go to Ormond Beach this weekend, so I called the cell phone to see where y'all were. Did y'all get the message? Jeepchick had to work on Sat. morning, but we were going to try and meet y'all on Sat. night and Sunday.
Glad y'all had a good time! That's one of the benefits of a trail ride - it'll let you know what needs to be fixed/upgraded!

canis
'82 CJ-7/360/727/D300/cobra, M.O.R.E. shackles, 1/2" steel bumper, 1" body lift and lots of ideas!

'96 ZJ - 4.0L/42re/np242/optima/cobra and other goodies

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I'm sorry I couldn't be there. The Jeep is so close to being ready, yet still so far away. I have to get the kickdown linkage made, hose-clamp the tranny cooler hoses to the tranny cooler (probably have to pull the radiator again to do that), fill the drivetrain with fluids, and then finish wiring the enigine bay.... Then of course download all the pictures and write a webpage about it all /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canis,
My girlfrind just found your messages last night. Her phone was acting up out there. It seems there are no communication towers out in the management area. /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif I am sorry we couldn't get in touch. This weekend was a fun time and the pictures are starting to pour in.

Sycho15,
I do hope to see the wrangler in action soon. The rain is starting to fall, and the mud will soon linger. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Even though all I ever seem to 'wheel in is mud, I really dont care for it. Way too much cleanup! I just want some standing water (4-5' will do) and a sandy bottom /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can agree that mud is a pain to cleanup. Case in point was last weekends brookseville ride. I got the outside of my jeep clean, but the engine bay is all one color of light gray. And this mud is not your ordinary mud. It has a oily compound to it, and i am not talking about motor oil. I guess the club was saying it was "Merl" type mud. Whatwever it was it had a baby $hit consistancy. It was everywhere. Today i am going to try to clean the engine bay so i can change my intake manifold gasket again. And fix my brakes and whatever maladythat broke last weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts