Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine is looking at a 92 wrangler sahara with 81,000. what he is wanting to know is their any known problems with this vehicle,it has the 4.0., 5 speed, how much would you buy it for? the guy is asking 8500 or best offer. it also has a light bar with 5 kc lites, chrome front and rear tube bumpers, and chrome nerf bars. what do you guys think and would appreciate any extra info.

thanks again,
larry

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
That's good miles for a 92, offer him $8k and drive it home. Those chrome bumpers and step bars cost some bucks.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

G

·
I think 8500 is a bit much, although it's obvious that he's trying to get some money back from all the chrome. But...I'm allergic
to chrome, and it sure doesn't make the Jeep wheel any better, but that's just my opinion.

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I'd have to agree with v8jeep. Offer him and and drive off. I paid $6000 for my '89 Wrangler Sahara in mint condition last year and that was bottom-line blue-book value. The 4.0HO is a much better stock engine than the one I got, and I believe your AX-15 tranny might have the external slave cylinder (someone correct me if I'm wrong, please) that makes fixing that problem SO much easier. The crome probably cost ~$300 for the front bumper and $150-200 for the side-steps. The light-bar and 5 lights would be about $400. Sure, chrome doesn't make it 'wheel any better but it sure doesn't make it 'wheel any less and girls really seem to dig it....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.