Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
98 XJ ?\'s

Well I finally broke down and bought the vehicle I have always wanted and now its time to modify it. I've got a 98 Limited with the up country suspension and the 242(full-time option) I think. Now my question is will a lift negate the upland package or will it add to it. I want to be able to run 31's on the stock rims. Also what are my options with a SYE with this transfer case? This thing is going to replace my 99 Trooper as my trail vehicle and will see the likes of Rich Mtn. and the other trails around Blairsville in North GA. , as well as some good ole mud trails down here in S. GA.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
Re: 98 XJ ?\'s

It depends on the size and method of lift. Since your Up Country package is slightly taller coils and leaves, obviously putting in a lift that replaces those components will net you about 1" less than advertised. However since you already have about 1" lift with that package if you used 2" coil spacers up front and longer shackles in back with a small .5" lift block, you'd be at roughly 3" of lift compared to a bone stock XJ. This last method of spacers and shackles is by far the cheapest and you'll actually retain your near stock ride quality. For the 242 case I think the Advance Adapters kit is highly recommended.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

will I have to do anything as far as driveshats or anything for vibration. this thing will be my daily driver(100 mile commute) as well as my wheeler. what size tire will I be able to fit?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

At 3 inches you can expect DW and vibes to creep in eventually if not right away. It will be fine as a daily driver just be ready for some constant attention to keep on top of things. The tie rods will go and you might want to drop the transfer case but at 3 inches you can fit 31's and they look pretty good.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.