Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought this 97 Ford Ranger, and have had it for three days now. The first day I took it out for a ride, the blower was working for about 40 minutes. It all of a sudden stopped blowing. I checked the blower with 12 volts, and the blower motor runs. I pulled the blower motor resistor, the terminals to the reisitors were rusted pretty badly, so I replaced it, still will not run. I checked the blower motor relay it was good, and I checked the fuse as well, it also was good. I checked the wire harness that goes to the motor and it appears to be getting 5 volts of power on all four settings, low through high on the switch inside the vehicle. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have been working on this for my third day and can't figure out what the problem could be. How can I check the control switch? Thanks for your help.

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On my 98 Ranger, the blower moter is fed 12 Volts all the time. It turns on when the switch is activated by grounging the circuit. If the blower runs fine on Max speed then there is no problem with the supply voltage or the ground circuit at the switch.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i would suggest checking the resistance from the Switch to the motor. Check all the wires for resistance to make sure your not losing voltage. I think there should be 12v to the motor at all times. So just check the resistance first.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Look for the blower motor relay. In a 97 ranger it is benind the right frount head light in a small box with a washer relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.