Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '97 Nissan Hardbody XE (2.4L I-4) and the check engine light has come on. The shop wants $40 to hook up a computer to get the code and re-set it. I tried leaving the battery terminal off over night but it still comes on when the key is turned to the run position and never goes off untill the engine is shut off and the key is turned to the off position. Anyone know how to get it to go off?

I only rolled it once!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 96 Ext cab 4x4. When my eng light came on I checked the gas cap to make sure I had it on and that when I turned it, it made the hissing noise like normal. that seem to cure mine for about a week and then I had a temp sensor in my air box along with an o2 sensor go bad. The total cost to get mine fixed was 300 bucks damn sensors aren't cheap. those would be my guess. It is worth it to have the computer hooked up it tells exactly what is wrong and half the time you can talk the dealership down. mine only cost $15 to have checked. just something to keep in mind.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the light also on my 97 v6 Pathfinder 4x4. Could not get it to go out so I took it to the shop(bought the extended warrantee). They found the code translated to this.......fuel delivery pressure low. I thought oh crap fuel pump....but no! It was a loose fuel cap!
Check over all your electrical connections and spark pulg wire and so forth then disconnect the battery again for about 15 mins. Then fire it up and look fot the light.

Later Ya'll
Super Dave
West Tennessee
http://www.johnwalls.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.