Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to add an aftermarket hitch to my '99 Cherokee. I want to be sure the hitch doesn't hang down like on the Mopar factory hitch. I'm trying to find out if anyone has installed one and which are the most "tucked up," that is, where the hitch's frame sits high against the floorpan and the 2" reciever hangs down just below the bumper. I've heard that Hidden Hitch has some that sit well, however they are rumored to need more mods to the Jeep to install and I have yet to see one to be satisfied. I'd like to hear if anyone has any of these on their rigs. I'm narrowed down to probably either a Hidden Hitch or a Draw-Tite, unless anyone has a good suggestion. Thanks...

· Registered
4,117 Posts
Actualy yes I do have a better idea for you. Click this link: AJ's Off-Road Armor and post a message or e-mail him letting him know what it is your interested in doing. I know he is working on building a bumper for newer XJ's like yours and will build to your tastes which would and could include having the reciever built into a bumper, or he might be willing to build you a hitch to meet your needs. Never know till you ask. He is a LONG time member of this board and his prices are VERY reasonable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you wouldn't mind taking a picture, it sure would help alot. Just please dont bend over backwards for it. Email:

[email protected]

I really liked what I saw on the Armor website. Gave me some great ideas. I dont however want to modify my Jeep that much just yet. I got some great ideas on styles for a brushguard to build. I'll be making a removeable brushguard that mounts to my frontmount hitch by the 2" receiver then two bars down to the side of the hitch to stabilize it. That way I can take it off when it's not needed or traveling far away. If anyone has anymore input, please jump in!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.