Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm not a big banshee fiend, but my buddy is. He is planning on selling his 96 banshee and I was wondering what he could get for it. Its had the plastics trimmed up front, most parts are chromed. Its got a cool head, it been ported about as far as you can port them by Vincent racing(local pro). It has an extended swing arm(6"), two sets of paddles which I think have 9 paddles (he says thats good), the clutch setup came from a 400EX or something because the stocker couldnt grip with all the power. He's got 34mm Mikuni carbs and all the other works. It hits about 10500 rpm on little saharas face(local place, I dont know how steep it is) and hits 52mph before the top. He has to run at least 105 octane, usually 111 (calls it grape juice) and its hella fast. We do alot of chrome work for Vincent racing and so they have been real good with his machine. It almost matches the machine that Vincent himself rides so you know its good. I can give you more specs if necessary. Any ideas, I was thinking around $6000-6500? thanks for the input /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The bike is probably worth that much, but I really dont think he will be able to get that much. It is a funny thing when you start wrenching on bikes. They dont get very much more valuble. Allot of it depends on the area and the luck of finding somebody that can appreciate the work that has been done. I know this first hand from experience. The bike will probably bring a max of about 5500. That is in my area at least. A stock 96 would go for about 4-4500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.