Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I can get my wipers to lay down on the windshield. How the come form the factory is right up in the middle of the windshield. Some one told me that I might have to buy a new wiper moter. Is this true.

· Registered
961 Posts
You will probably need a new motor, but check the arms for the wipers first(the ones inside the windshield). They may be bent loose. Test the motor before you remove the plug under the dash too. I had to replace my motor a week after I bought my Jeep and it is kind of a bitch. Had to do it in 12 degree weather. They run around 75 bucks for a remanufactered one, but the local junk yard should have one or two lying around.
BTW Do your wipers work at all?
Bryan/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not sure I understand your question.. but if you are trying to get you windshield wipers to lay flat like a TJ or anything else for that matter, then you are out of luck for your YJ, the wipers just stay up on the winshield angled. My mom thought they were broken when i first brought the jeep home.. I think she got more of a lesson on Jeeps that day then she ever wanted, she was sorry she second guessed the Jeep when my lesson was over...

'95 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
33"s, snorkel, 1000+ RTI, Warn xd9000i

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen a few YJs with the wipers flat when off. The problem you run into is that they miss a large portion in the middle of the window and on the drivers side by the winshield frame. Just leave them the way they are, you'll get used to it. The way they are removed it to stirp the system down, remove the motor, move the wipers to the new position, and reinstall the motor. It's not worth it, trust me.

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a Chevy TBI 350

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.