Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for any info; I've had a 77 blazer for 6 years until it rusted from under me. A guy at work wants to sell his pathfinder for 5.5K and just wondering if there are any quirks that I should know about! I was originally looking for a 4runner, but a friend said that the PF is a great deal! Supposedly there is a small bit of rust & he removed the factory nerfs due to rust. I know nothing about PF's (XE SE models) or 4runners for that matter; 4 wheeling mainly on the beach & looking for reliablity

Thanks for any responses

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Pathfinder and Fourunner are both very dependable trucks. If you buy the Pathy you might find out if the timing belt has ever been changed and if the exhaust manifold has ever leaked. Nissan recommends the timing belt to be changed every 60K miles. At 60K mine was in pristine condition. However, I changed it anyway because if it does fail, it will mean major engine repair. The exhaust manifold is somehting that has plagued the Nissan V6 in several models. Both of these are simple repairs and easy to diagnos. Outside of that the Nissan V6 is virtually bulletproof.
As for the 4Runner, I don't know that much about their repair history, except that they too are very reliable. But, they are generally a few thousand dollars higher.

Just my opinions,
sb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.