Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 91 2.5L yj for $6,000. it has a cd player, 3 inch body lift, new tires, new brakes, it has 123K miles on the whole car, but they say the engine is rebuilt with 5K miles and transmission rebuilt with 8K miles. it has a hard top and soft top and flowmaster. does all this sound alright or no? abd yes im aware of the 4cyl engine, and i think i can deal with it, and if i cant, ill regear, and if i still cant then ill change engine, but that is in the extreme distant future. but does everything else sound alright?

G

·
Does the seller have reciepts for the rebuilt engine and tranny?Was the work done by a reputable shop?If this checks out ya probably found a good deal.

G

·
Seems like it is a decent deal, but I still think a stock Jeep (ie no lift or big tires) is what you should search for to avoid issues. Trust me, you dont want to play the "I'll just get a bigger engine, re-gear, etc, later" game, unless you are very mechanically inclined, or full of $. Very expensive.

G

·
sounds like a fair deal, if the rebuilds check out, just be carefull, not everyone is as honest as we would like. I know you are in GA but, an example of what i think would look at was the jeep i saw today. its a 92, six/w exhaust and bone stock w/ a hardtop. the lot down the street has it and they only want $6500. its clean its on a reputable dealers lot, it has 98k. i know its tough to find deals but they are out there. i would swipe this one but have to many projects going that i need to finish.

77 cj5 sorta, V8, 4"lift, 33's, lotsa miss'n metal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.