Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all;
I haven't been here for a few years, but I find myself in need of some info asap. The 2.9 in my my trusty little bronco finally puked its guts out...
Its foaming the coolant, showing moisture in the valve covers and lots of moisture in the exhaust... It takes about 20 miles to just about empty the radiator... But no water in the crankcase!!!
So I'm thinking cracked head here and eventhough I'm a ase certified master tech, I can't justify putting any money into the anemic 2.9 !
The truck is a 1990 w/a 5 speed, and I would like to know if the sweet running
3.8 that came out of a total a few months back would fit with out to much trouble? Or should I just stuff a 289 or 302 in it,with a auto ?
Thanks for any and all replies, just looking for the cheapest way out so I can still tow my trials bike to events without worrys...
Thanks again, Glenn

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2.9 to 3.8 Bronco II swap

I would like to put a 3.8 V6 from an 86 T-Bird into my 87 Bronco II if the bell housings are the same . Let me know what you find out. I want to keep the stock 5 speed
Hello all;
I haven't been here for a few years, but I find myself in need of some info asap. The 2.9 in my my trusty little bronco finally puked its guts out...
Its foaming the coolant, showing moisture in the valve covers and lots of moisture in the exhaust... It takes about 20 miles to just about empty the radiator... But no water in the crankcase!!!
So I'm thinking cracked head here and eventhough I'm a ase certified master tech, I can't justify putting any money into the anemic 2.9 !
The truck is a 1990 w/a 5 speed, and I would like to know if the sweet running
3.8 that came out of a total a few months back would fit with out to much trouble? Or should I just stuff a 289 or 302 in it,with a auto ?
Thanks for any and all replies, just looking for the cheapest way out so I can still tow my trials bike to events without worrys...
Thanks again, Glenn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.