Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1989 Wrangler with the 4.2L engine and my hydraulic clutch line rusted through. The transmission is the Peugeot BA10/5. Dutchess Dodge/Jeep wants $96 for a new line and that seems like a lot for a simple pipe of stainless steel with a "U" bend and a male nipple.
Has anybody replaced this line from scratch or know a reasonable substitute?
I tried to contact a Peugeot dealer and he laughed at me. I also tried home-depot thinking I could make this part myself but the threads on the male nipple (or adapter) connecting to the master cylinder are odd (or possibly damaged). I still believe I could fabricate a decent one if somebody knows the correct adapter sizes or where I can find them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you know the dimensions of the male adapter that goes into the master cylinder or where I could find one? I think the rest won't be too much of a problem.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a clutch master cylinder from a wrangler. I used a regular piece of brakeline. If the female hole on the slave is smaller than the female hole on the master use the brake line that matches the slave and buy an adapter that will hook the line to the master. I needed an adapter to go from the wrangler master cylinder to the wilwood slave I am using. Advanced Auto had it behind the counter. You can get them to pull the master cylinder for your model and match everything up really easily (take the part of line that screws into the slave). You will have to buy or borrow a small tube bender. The line shouldn't cost more than $5

-Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's a damn good idea. I wasn't even thinking about using the brake line. Thanks for your help. I'll write when it's all done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.