Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI TODAY SOMTHING HAPPENED THAT YOU WOULDNT THINK OF HAPPENING
ON MY JEEP. THE LITTLE ZIP TIE THAT HOLDS THE HYDRAULIC PLASTIC
LINE TO THE FRAME RAIL BROKE OFF AND HIT AGAINST THE EXHAUST PIPE
AND MELTED. THE FLUID LEAKED AND NO MORE CLUTCH.MY JEEP WAS READY FOR
ROCKS MUD MOSTLY ANYTHING YOU CAN THROW AT IT BUT THIS KILLS IT.O WELL
SO WHAT COULD I DO.I TALKED TO THE PEP BOYS PEOPLE AND THEY SAID YOU CAN
USE BRAKE LINE TO FIX IT. OR GO TO CHRYSLER TO GET IT REPLACED.I WOULD LIKE TO
UPGRADE IT AND USE LONG BRAKE BRADED BRAKE LINESBUT DONT KNOW IF IT WOULD WORK.
ANY IDEAS HAS ANY ONE DONE THIS OR KNOW WHERE I CAN GET REALY LONG BRADED
BRAKE LINES THAT I CAN CUT AND PUT FITTINGS ON? ANY ONE KNOW WHERE I CAN
BUY A REPLACEMENT FOR THE STOCK UNIT IF IT DONT WORK?
THANKS 4X4JOE
88 JEEP WRANGLER 4.2 258 6 AX15 MANUAL TRANY 231 TRANFER

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The dealer has the stock type clutch hose available, only the kind that has a metal line that goes to a metal clutch master cylinder, with a short section of rubber (brake hose) crimped to it near the connector to the slave cylinder. If you have the type that has a black plastic master cylinder, then you can only get a new hose with a new master cylinder. If you have the first type, you may be able to make a new one with a section of "Bundy-Flex" tubing and a short brake hose that a good parts store with a good parts counterman would be able to match up with the help of a progressive size list/buyers guide parts book. I don't believe that the factory hose costs too much, though. Get some heat shield insulation, available from speed shops, and wrap the new one where it gets close to the exhaust to help prevent it from happening again. Check your motor mounts for wear, also. Hope this helps, good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.