Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i get a 4.0 engine and AX-15 transmission from the junk yard, how hard is it to plop into my jeep? its got the 4.2 and the peugeot tranny in it, and how hard is it to get the gauages and everything else to work? anyone ever do this? and what computer stuff do i need and is there alot of wiring involved, this is the first time i've even done anything on this large scale so any help, would help alot!
thanks

(\/)ikey 1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It can be done, especially if the wrecking yard will give you the wiring, guages,PCM, battery tray, air cleaner, exhaust system, clutch hydraulics, trans mounts, fuel tank with pump, t-case, driveshafts, etc., and give you a trade allowance on your old parts. One of the guys I worked with did this to a 90 model4.2l/AX15, and switched to a 95 with an auto trans. He got all the parts from one yard for $2000, including returning his old parts, and he even got A/C out of the deal! If you can get a service manual for the year engine you get,it shows all of the wiring diagrams and routing of the wiring through the body. Hope this helps, good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.