Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking my old work truck and turning it into a mud monster. It is a 1988 F250 XLT Lariat. 5.8L, rebuilt C6 transmission, C9(3.55) axles, and currently has LT265/75R16's. Here are some pics of how she is now. Body is not of much concern to me.

IMAG0128 by Frozen_Joker, on Flickr

IMAG0126 by Frozen_Joker, on Flickr

IMAG0124 by Frozen_Joker, on Flickr

IMAG0119 by Frozen_Joker, on Flickr

My plans so far are putting bigger off road tires on there...but how big can I go without hurting any gear ratios or sacrificing too much power? 33x?

I plan on deleting the EGR and emissions system to add torque and power.

Any suggestions on keeping mud out of places it doesn't belong? I have seen some people run the exhaust straight up out of the hood...does that even add anything? Any input would be great! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
i think you dont need to change anything that is under the hood. if you want more power i think it is best to change some parts like your ford exhaust manifold but that will cost you a lot of money changing parts which are not yet broken and still have some purpose. i think it will be best to lift your truck first then put some bad ass big tires then also change your muffler for added horse power but it is just a bit. what i like about mufflers is the sound that it generates! total bad ass! lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.