Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'88 302efi into \'74 cj 5

I have a 1988 Ford Bronco that I have replaced the 302 with a 351. I still have the 302EFI (is in great shape)and want to put it in my 1974 cj5. Everything is stock on the 74 as far as 304 engine, transfer case, and transmission. How difficult of a job would it be to drop the 302 in this bugger. Would it be as simple as buying an adapter or would it require a new t.c. and trans.?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: \'88 302efi into \'74 cj 5

There was an article in last months Four Wheel Drive and Sport Utility magazine that was about Ford swaps into Jeeps, there is a
company that specializes in that. They had a real slick looking 5.0 install in a Wrangler that one article was about. That company
(can't remember their name, and I am at work now) could probably enlighten you on this swap.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: \'88 302efi into \'74 cj 5

yea, I read that article. It was put in a wrangler that that company (cant remember the name either) had already worked on and installed some sort of adapter that was simple to make the 302 slide right in. I dont know if it would be that easy for a 74cj. My brother-in-law said he read or heard that all I would need would be a bell housing off of an 81 ford and all other pieces would be campatable and fit right on. I hope that is the case...just looking for confirmation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.