Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be checking out an 85 K5 Blazer tommarrow, it is a Silverado with 3" (body?) lift, 33" tires, 350 that has allegdedly been rebuilt 40K ago, rebuilt tranny(by current owner), has some rust on doors with about 120K on the truck for $2000. I have no experience with the fullsize trucks, I have a 94 S-10 Tahoe that is mildly modified but I am finding out just how limiting the IFS is and thinking about this rig. Any ideas yea or nea? I will have more info Wednesday night. Is there an RPO code search engine on this site I can check the box codes on? Thanks

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I'd say go for it! But check the rocker boxs for rust as well as the tailgate hinges those are some trouble spots for rust in these trucks. And also check the frame aound the stearing box for cracks, Because it likes too crack in that area under hard use, But there are braces and weld in patch kits for them. I don't remember any RPO code sites so hopefully somebody somebody will come along with that info.
Hope this helps.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifYodas Day Off/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I checked it out, what a dog! Total basket case, body and frame were completely rusted out. Did not even bother with the compression check. I told him I could not even give him $1000 for it, too much work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.