Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
84 CJ7 w/2.5\" lift can handle what size tires?

An 84 CJ7 with 2.5" lift can handle how tall/wide of tire without in fender mods or such.

Kevin Low
84 CJ7
SE Michigan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: 84 CJ7 w/2.5\" lift can handle what size tires?

If it isn't a saggy 2.5 inch lift it should carry 33 inch I would think. A lot of other guys on this site know more about this kind of stuff than me but I've got a three inch body lift and 33 inch tires by 12.50 and no problems.

'94 YJ, '85 CJ7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I second that. You could also run 31's or narrow 33's without the body lift & experience no rubbing. With 12.50's, you'll only rub when you start twisting like crazy.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

It really depends on the spring's you use, I have WARN BD 3" with a 1" Daystar body lift greasable shackles and main eyes and I rub 32" BFG M/T's at full articulation. I am looking at putting TJ flares on my CJ and trying 33"'s

AustnJPR

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

But, a 1" body lift is very inexpensive and very easy to do. The pucks from MORE are only about 5 bucks apiece, takes an hour or
so to do.

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

· Registered
2,196 Posts

An hour to install a body lift? Man I wish I didnt live in a state that uses more salt on the roads than the amount of snow we get! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif
To replace the body bushings on my CJ, I am going to have to replace the body AND the frame! (rusty junk). I think I'll have more than an hour invested./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo
1999 Dakota 4x4
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifo[[[[o

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I guess we're just lucky down here. When I did the body lift a couple summers ago, the bolts came right out, slid the pucks in,
new longer bolts, lower the jack and on to the other side. My 85 has NO rust. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

i have a 1983 cj-7 with a 2.5" lift. i have 33" by 12.50" tire and i clear them fine. the only time they tuch is when the suspension is close to full articulation. i just did a spring-over on my jeep and put wrangler springs on it, so if you looking for spring i will sell you my 2.5" lift springs for $100 plus shipping. they are in great condition and sit level. if you don't need them than never mind. also my brother also has a 1983 cj-7 with a 2.5" lift and he has 32" by 11.50 tires which he says have never rubed. hope this helped. e-mail me if you need springs.
TYLER
[email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.