Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a '79 FL250 that won't run. I was out riding it and it started losing power and then flat out died. It's getting gas, It's got a good spark,
and it's got compression. I've tried starting fluid, into the cylinder directly, and through the carb. The only positve trial I've had so far
is when I took the Carb off and put some gas directly into the port. It gave a nice big backfire out of the port. Is it possible for the
timing to be off on one of these things? And if so, does anyone know how to fix it? Could anything else be wrong? I'm lost at this point.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is the plug getting fire? Is you gas GOOD?If it has water it wont run. It does not have a timing, im pretty sure of. So unless its one of those or the gas is too lean maybe it might not run, but I dont know...

*Quote the Raven "Nevermore,Nevermore"*

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same problem with my fl250 so i sold it to a friend and the guy went through it and found the exauhst aws completely plugged!! So check it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.