Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if someone makes a hard half door that will accept a soft top half, and still fit correctly with a soft top? Im working on a 79 CJ7 for some woman that wants a new soft top, preferably a Best Top Supertop, but she wants hard bottom halves and soft upper halves. Will half doors of a 87 up Wrangler work? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
The latch will need to be changed, but they will fit. Not sure about the upper section though. I'm running soft doors on the TJ and they fit except the upper section near the roll bar, otherwise they're great.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You will need a windshield peice??? I forget the name it bolt up the the windshield and creates a slip for the upper soft halfs...

78 CJ7 "Issues"

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yep, the soft uppers will fit ... I used the uppers from my 85 CJ7 soft doors with the Wrangler steel half’s. Most Jeep parts magazines have the piece for the windshield (pretty cheep I think) but I didn't use one. I just adjusted the stops on the posts on the soft upper half.

Jeremy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts