Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 76 cj5, when i purchased it, it was not running, I now have it running but almost all of the vacum lines are missing. Which of these are essential and do they all have to be replaced? Just wondering because there is no charcoal canister or vacum canister, I don't know a whole lot about jeeps, can I make it run well without these or would it be in my best interest to replace all of the missing components and lines.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The only one I have on my 74 is the one from the vacuum advance to the carb base. The rest are all gone

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
To make it run you don't need much like Ed says... Most of that stuff comes from emissions systems that work/or don't.

There's a wealth of information here.... start by using the Search

You can likely think of several searches that will get you moving in the correct direction. Oh maybe simple ones like "vacuum", "timing" or "Carb"... try it... you will get the hang of searching if you do some. Keep messing with it and you will find ways of refining your search...

There are hundreds of posts about vacuum routing and different carb configurations. Might just take some time.

Wouldn't hurt if we had some idea what carb and what you have tried so far.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/40BEER.gif
Dale

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
I just have the vacuum advance, power brakes, pcv, evaporitive canister and quadratrac shifter hooked up on mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts