Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever swapped a Mazda RX-7 engine & trans into a 720 4x4.Found whole car at a good price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heard something about a swap like that, can`t remember much except I think that it wasn`t that bad of a swap. Give it a try, would be
a pretty cool swap, hope you are putting it into a 2wd though, rotarys don`t make much power at low rpms, but sure scream once you
wind them up.

good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used to own an RX-7 years ago, word of advise "Carry a good fire exstinguisher"!!!

Chris J.
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif"Go Solid or Go Home"/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a KA24E from a 1989 240SX installed in my 720 4x4. It will bolt directly to the tranny. You have to make an oil pan because the pan from a 4x4 Nissan truck KA24 is different. The truck hauls ass even with 31's. You will need alot of beer to accomplish this. If I wasn't a Nissan tech I don't think I would have triedit. There is alot of wiring to run to get the EFI working right including swapping out the dash pod for a 240 one and hooking up an electric sensor for the speedo instead of the cable. Good Luck. This is a pic of the exhaust. Will post an engine pic later.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a complete 91 2wd hardbody with a KA24, everthing I need is there, tank, computer, engine, tranny, is this thge same swap that
you did or is the computer controls different from a pickup to a 240sx. Will the KA24 fit my tranny or would I be better off to use the
tranny from the 91? Will the intake, exhaust manifold from a Z24 fit a KA24?, what about the distributor? If I could swap the engine
and still keep running a carb I would be very happy. Oh ya, by the way I am working on a 1986kc 4x4.

thanx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts