Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking for more information about doing a leaf spring shackle flip on my 72 K10. What hardware will I need? Just the new brackets? How much will this effect my drive shaft angle? and can I still use my 3" blocks with the flipped shackle?

Thanks, Brian

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The kits from ORD and DIY4X come with the hardware needed. You might need a longer brake line.
As for the pinion angle, you almost have to wait to find out when the flip is installed. There are a lot of variables involved, and almost every truck is different.
I think you technically could still use the lift blocks, but I don't know if it is the best idea. But honestly, I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
The blocks can be reused but why? Are you going up in height?

FYI the rear axle will be forward an inch or so. ORD and DIY4x both sell zero rate blocks that can be used to fix this and give you one inch of lift. Cheap and easy to install.

I THINK that DIY4x sells their blocks with a bit of a degree added to them to help fix the angle after the shackle flip...THINK.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The blocks can be reused but why? Are you going up in height?

FYI the rear axle will be forward an inch or so. ORD and DIY4x both sell zero rate blocks that can be used to fix this and give you one inch of lift. Cheap and easy to install.

I THINK that DIY4x sells their blocks with a bit of a degree added to them to help fix the angle after the shackle flip...THINK.
with the right tools and some help from my friend i think we can finish this job in less than an 2 hours.lol totally such a pain in the arse if you're not sure of what you are doing. better look for video guides first before we doing anything. where do you guys get DIY4x and Chevy Parts? can you give me a site that you trust in getting this parts? ive seen some online but i think they are overpriced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts