Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just mounted my 700r4 behind my SB350. I had a TF999 w/ adapter there before this.
The TF999 has a fully encolosed case that engulfs the torque converter and flexplate. The 700r4 leaves the TC and flexplate exposed. Is there some sort of shield available? What is it called and where can I get it?

The way it is now, I can see the flexplate/TC getting some serious damage offroad.


1986 CJ7, Chevy 350, D44/D30, more to come shortly

490 Posts
I beleive the piece you are looking for is called an inspection cover. You should be able to find one in any salvage yard. Basically anything that was equipped with a 700. It isn't a skidplate however. It merely covers the open area in the housing. You would have to purchase or fab something to offer more protection when off-road.

"We're gonna need a bigger boat." --Jaws
1 - 2 of 2 Posts