Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
69 jeepster body on S-10 frame ?

Any one know of someone who has mounted the Jeepster body on an S-10 series frame, body widths are close..If so.. How did it work out?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Re: 69 jeepster body on S-10 frame ?

wow, that would be something. i have a 69 jeepster and an 88 GMC s-15 (same as s-10). Granted, my s-15 has the longbed and a regular size cab, but its a good bit longer than the jeepster when parked side by side, and the wheelbase is also different.

i'd do some measuring and junkyard scouring if it were me.
good luck with it,
Ross

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yes all IFS.... not good for rock crawling... and occasionally burst a boot....but I do not do rock crawling.. S-10 is about 4" wider WB can be fixed... Just curious if it had been done...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'm not even sure why but this whole idea angers up my blood. Maybe it's because I've spent 7 of the happiest years of my life trying to keep my Commando running eveyday for work. It seems like lipo-suction to me. Just work out and eat right and everything will be fine.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

With 4 Jeepsters 2 parts vehicles an available S10 Blazer... why not think outside the box... chill out

·
Registered
1,654 Posts

Ok, so it sounds like going to try this. Might be fun. So keep us posted here on the Forum .... pictures are nice. We might learn something (even what not to do). You might even have parts left over we all might need. Good luck.
As for advice .... Never seen it done. I seen a few station wagon and sedan bodys put on top of 4x4 1/2 ton truck frames but always with the same manufacture (Ford on Ford, Chev on Chev, etc). Frame shortening and body mount relocation, steering as always needs to be address. But as with all of these blended auto's, they command no resale value.. The Commando will always have someone looking for a project or parts vehicle. The S-10 is not collectable ... yet? ever?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Just giving you a hard time....It's not like anything on my commando is original any more. I do think it still has the original steering wheel though.....
Good luck if you try. I've seen a dodge (d-50??) put onto a suburban frame with 38's and a crate 350 so I guess anything can be done with a welder and cutting torch.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.