Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
\'56 going bye-bye...

Well, the day has come that I had hoped wouldn't. Our '56 is going to be sold and replaced with a horse trailer. My wife and daughter are going to start going on rides with the horses and they need a trailer for transporting. I just need to slap some paint on the Jeep and fix the brake lights. The upside is that my wife and daughter are going to get some good quality time together, and I get to start searching for a longer Jeep (7 or 8, prefer the 8). This 5 was just to small for me (6'3"/260#) and I had a hard time driving it. I had to use my heel to push the go pedal because my thigh to gut clearance has been seriously reduced in the past several years /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif. So in a way it's a sad event, but in another way, it's a good thing. I'm trying to look at the bright side rather than think about all of the time/sweat/blood I've put into this Jeep. It might be a year or more before I find another good project Jeep, but I know there are some more out there. Bret

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Re: \'56 going bye-bye...

It is sad to see older iron go away. Try to get the new owner to be a member of this BBS. We need more oldies.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

1 - 2 of 2 Posts