Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished installing a ring & pinion out of a Suzuki Sidekick in the rear of my Samurai. The third member went together just fine. However, when I installed the third member in the axle, I discovered that the ring gear hit the back of the axle housing. The axle housing is not (was not) completely round, but was formed to go around the ring gear. I've not read about anyone else having this problem, or seen it mentioned in any of the "how to's". Did I miss something? It seems to be running OK.

·
Registered
361 Posts
This is common !!! Take a hammer and bend the housing out a bit to clear. Mine hit when I installed mine. It wont take much to clear the housing. Bend it out, then insert the 3rd member and check to make sure it clears.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry Samurai202, but they won't be sold anytime soon. My first thought was that I had it in upside down. Nope, it's in right. I was a bit worried though, it's the first time I've done a r&p. Read Randys' r&p web site, plus posts here. So I had a real good idea what was involved. You guys rock! This has been a great source of info!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.