Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience and/or reccomendations of 4x4 shops in Las Vegas, NV area? My brother-in-law will be getting a '71 Jeepster Commando and will need to know of reputable shops for upgrades/mods/repairs. Thanks in advance.

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
Email H8Monday, he lived in Vegas for a while and hung out at one or two shops while there.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, thanks. Anyone else?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
My freind Greg used to work at Maximum Off Road, but know he works at one of the other shops,..but I cant remember which one.
With Greg gone, Maximum O.R. would just be somewhere I would go for a new stereo install or car alarm. Greg was the Talent behind their good reputation.
You can always go to $ WPW and talk to Ryna for a good deal on parts,...tell him I said Hi(he will know me as Jeff, not H8).
I was unimpressed with the other shops.
I will get Gregs number for ya, in a couple of days.
The Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers, have some fun runs, and are a good group to go wheel with, there are a few in the group that that are hardcore.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Jeff. I used to belong to VVFW way back when, but I only remember a place called Back Country Products or something like that. They welded some tow hooks on my '76 Waggie for me, (we called it the "Green Weenie"). Some of the old club members helped me build it up, but I can't remember last names to even search to see if they are still there and involved.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Back to the top. Anybody else from Vegas with any reccomendations or warnings of shops there?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Just a thought: won't help with the hands-on issue, but for parts isn't Summit located in Sparks? It's prolly too far for an afternoon jaunt, but they generally have decent prices, and can have them to you fast if they're in the Sparks warehouse.

They've always done right by me at fair prices.

·
Official Historian
8,340 Posts
Have you looked on a map to see where Sparks is? Las Vegas is in the southern most corner of the state and Reno is so close to hell you can see Sparks. j/k

It's an all day drive from Vegas to Sparks and there is nothing to look at.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Yep, I looked, yep I'm familiar with the lay of the land, my parents live in Henderson. You're right, the scenery sucks.

Hence my statement: "It's prolly too far for an afternoon jaunt [on order of 500 miles], but they generally have decent prices, and can have them to you fast [shipping] if they're in the Sparks warehouse."

On the plus side, there's some great wheeling out there in the desert.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks much. Hopefully they can handle upgrades/mods/repairs on a '71 Jeepster Commando.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, my bro-in-law stops by Back Country Products and they tell him that they only install new stuff. No used stuff. Weren't very helpful. In my neighborhood, I have a family-owned business that's been around since the 60's. The original owner has since passed on, but his three sons are running the store. They have been parting out Jeeps and other 4x4's for over 30 years and have parts-a-plenty to replace or modify to customers request. Is there no place in Las Vegas area that can build and modify a classic Jeep with other than new parts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.