Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting a 4x4 Club together and thinking about having a Fun Day to try and draw some more Interest in it.. Just looking for some ideas on events or things to do, (RTI ramp ect.) any help would be appreciated...

83 CJ7 4" Superlift, 33" MT's, 4.56's, Superior One Piece Axles, Rear Detroit Locker, Warn X8000I, K&N, S.S Brake Lines, 258 C.I., 5 Speed, Dana 300, York Air, Arizona Drivelines

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How about a "teeter Totter" something long enough to drive all 4 wheels onto, the idea is to keep both ends off the ground as long as possible. Also, how about some kinda frame twister sorta thing... you know, holes in exactly the wrong spots, etc....
Any other Ideas, what do they do @ High Desert Roundup????

Good Luck
BJ

to hell with it, lets go wheelin'

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
We hold a Jeep Jousting Day once a year.

Here are some of the events:
1) Teeter totter balance. Put the jeep on the ramp and try to level it.
2) Blind man's bluff. The driver is blind (can't see) while the passenger navigates.
3) Timed run. We have a short obstacle course set up to navigate. It's set up so all jeeps can run it.
4) Water carry. Use cups to fill a jug from one end of a course to another.
5) Backwards run. This is usually done in the military with a trailer, but we find just doing it in jeeps is fun. Note: Don't have the automatics and standards running together. This can also be done blindfolded.
6) This year we're building our own 101 course (it's still tentative), the last one was a HUGE hit.
7) The RTI is also good. You might build a 23 degree if people have really flexy suspensions rather then the 20 degree. An adjustable one would be cool.

I'm sure we do a few other, they just don't come to mind right now. We also do all this in a gravel pit or large field. Hope this gives you some idas.

JEEPN
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled!
GM151/SM465/NP205 twinstick/7"Lift/33"TSL's/IHC D44's 4.10's Lock'd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Pavement" events don't hurt either.

1) Scavenger hunt (using a 4x4 theme if possible)

2) Poker Run

3) Road Rally (this is the thing where you give everyone a set of directions that's in "clues" & they have to write down the house # of specific landmarks they pass - also given as clue. Example: Clue is "feminine pest", they have to write down the house # of the place with a fake ladybug in the yard. An example of a direction could be "turn toward the setting sun". All of the changes in direction should be at a stopsign or traffic signal, otherwise those Jeeps will be lost all over town - 'course, that's sort of the idea/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif).

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
For more pavement fun that you can do pretty often. Try a game of Cat&Mouse with the CB. There was a Jeep Site that had an excellent description of the game and rules.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, I forgot one the car clubs do - SLOW DRAGS! You have to take off & cannot touch the brakes. The slowest time across the finish wins. Friends of mine have taken their Jeeps to local car shows & killed the '55 Chevy's & '32 Roadsters in this competition. With the compounding of gearing available in 4x4's, you obviously want a very short "dragstrip", lest you spend all day there/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif.

TEX

/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Got Mud?
G.U.M.B.O. Mud Racing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.