Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to convert my CJ8 to some sort of "shift on the fly" system. In other words if I have to get out and lock the hubs its worthless to me.
What do you guys recommend?
Exactly how does ARB air lockers work?
Thinking of swapping out a engine and drive train out of a newer jeep or Cherokee. How would I make the front axle/diff work?
Thanks, Eric

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Uh.....actually, having hubs is VOLUNTARY.../wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif...you don't have to have them.../wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif...you could have them and never unlock them.../wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif...you could give them to a deserving Jeeper of your own choosing./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif You see, having lock-out hubs only saves you needless wear and tear on the front axle..../wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif...that's it. The FWD can be engaged and disengaged "on the fly" /wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gifwith the hubs locked in as if they never existed. You don't get FWD by locking the hubs...you get it by shifting the transfer case to front drive-engage. So you see, you have just what you want right now.../wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif isn't that great?/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.