Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does a 410 have a baby lobster t-case? I was told of one in a boneyard and was considering it if ithas the gears I want, if it is still available, and if it will fit my 87. I don't know what year the 410 is. Any ideas ?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

G

·
82-84 samis The t-case gives you 12% more reduction in gears,and will bolt in your sami.Make sure you get the emergency brake system with it,its bolted to it.Its a better brake system and what you want for a disc brake conversion.

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Pre-1983 (inclusive) does not have a 4x4 switch and the case does not look the same as a Samurai.

1984 (only year) is the most desirable, has a 4x4 switch and looks the same as a Sam t-case. Also is the only year of the gear cluster that can be used to make a 4.16 low range gear cluster.

Neither of these t-case types are bolt in as you will need to drill new holes to bolt the propshafts to. Straight forward but not bolt-in. Both have an approx. 12% reduced high range. Low range is a different value between the two case types.

HTH

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You are fast! Just curious....what did it run you? What kind of shape are the other zooks in?

All Good Medicine,
Crow

Creator, everything we do leaves a track. May our tracks be ones we would want you to see and others to follow......

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I dont remeber, I bought a bunch of stuff when I was there in May. All I know is I spent about 600 getting as much in my car as I could and still have room to drive back to Cleveland

G

·
The only difference on some of them is the flange size,My 84 t-case bolts right up with no drilling-it is some of the few that have the bigger flange.The others yea,you will have to drill to mount it...its real easy....

88 Sam I AM(AKA-THROTTLE MONGER)- 1.3+.030,cam,462gears,locked,5in Calmini,2"body
31-10.50's.Yankee-offroad-Hood latches,Bumpers,Rails and armour,Tracker seats.................ECT.....

G

·
i just picked up a 410 tcase today and was wondering how to getthe drum to fit an 87 rear drive shaf? do i hve to drill and shove new studs through? could i just change the flanges on the other two? and what is the low range diffrence in gearing? its pre 84

87 soft top 88 hard top-- 96 mustang cobra conv. FOR SALE 15k (i need a klune V)

G

·
sorry i really dont need small flanges i need the drum. thanks anyway

87 soft top 88 hard top-- 96 mustang cobra conv. FOR SALE 15k (i need a klune V)

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Hey Steve. I got you confused with the trail guide before. Anyhoot, welcome aboard.

I know a place in NY that has 28 suzuki's in the yard. In fact, ONLY suzuki's in the yard. He has two complete '84 410s. Unfortunately, he doesn't want to part with anything.

I'll dig up the info and pass it along to you. Maybe you'll have better luck.

Yankee Tim/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.