Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has been running fine then Monday it started hesitating. Now it has gotten to the point in take a bit to rap up even if the truck is sitting there in Park. If you keep your foot down it eventually picks up but take like a mile to get to 65pmh. I replaced the fuel filter earlier today but it still does it. I had one plug wire touching aheader to replaced it but to no avail. The only thing I can think would it possible be the fuel pump or the dist cap maybe cracked?
When I floor it it does pick up for a sec like the accl pump on the carb is helping so maybe it is the fuel pump? I don't seem to smell gas like it is flooding or not burning it. Any ideas?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well, I think it is the carb. The 4 barrels wern't opening and gummed up and hte cholke wire was off and the secondaries were openning too soon and flooding it out I think. Still can't get them adjusted right and am think ing there must be a seal or something out in the quadrejet.

·
Registered
578 Posts
On the Q-jet, spray some soapy water around the base of the carb and the arm that runs through the trottle plates. I have run into quite the problem with the throttle plate rod wearing and causing a vacuum leak. You can take it to a carb shop and have a bushing put in.

another .02... take it for what its worth...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the original q-jet from that 400 I am going to put back on. This is the q-jet from my old 305

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.