Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some 5.38 Dana Spicer gears and a Detroit Locker last week from a place called "Drivetrain Warehouse" Well today I come home to find a box from 4 wheel parts wholesalers on my doorstep. They must be doing business under different names to fool guys who know better than to order from them. Well considering the source I open and inspect every part. The Dana 30 set looked good, as did the master kit I ordered with it. When I opened up the box for the 44 set I immediatly noticed the torn diff cover gasket. Not to big a deal I think to myself. Then I pull out the pinion gear. It is coated with gear marking grease, not a good sign. So is the ring gear, hmmm. All the parts for the install kit are in a zip lock bag! Closer inspection reveals that this is not even a Dana Spicer gear set. The set also shows some wear. Looks to me like a used set that someone recently tried to install. So here I sit with a used set of generic gears for my 44 with who knows what for an install kit. All of which was packed in a Dana-Spicer box. At the time the guy who took my order tried to sell me some generic gears for $50 less than the D-S set and I said no. So, I paid an extra $50 for a used set of those same taiwan gears ina D-S box. Now customer service is closed and I can't treat someone like S#!t until tommorrow. They had better make this right or I'm gonna file theft by deception charges with the local police and mail fraud charges with the FBI !!!

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers are a bunch of F-in' crooks and need to be run out of business.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I was about to order some tires and accessories from 4wheel parts and save a few bucks. I am thinking otherwise now!
I have heard nothing but bad news about these guys, has anyone had any good experiences??

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
First off, file a complaint with your credit card company right away. They are open 24 hours usually. Dispute the bill.
The thought of loosing all ability to accept credit cards is a much better persuader than the threat of future criminal accusations....

Then Call the customer service department. If you don't get satisfaction immediately, ask to talk to the boss, if he doesn't service the account immediately, ask for his boss, and so on.
If they shine you on or give you crap, call the attorney general in your state.

Also file in small claims immediately. The sooner they get served the faster they will want to deal with you...

If the payment or shipment went through the U.S. Mail, then by all means contact the post master general right away...
It's not mail fraud, if they used UPS, but the state attorney general will still be interested.

I've found the Better Business Bureau a total waste of time, but yours might be different.

Good luck!

I'm desperately trying to figure out why kamikaze pilots wore helmets...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ACTUALLY, so far I've had good experiences with 4wheel parts... But I went to the storefront in Orlando... Heck, they even exchanged a 28 spline detriot for a 31 spline for my 9", After I'd had it installed in the carrier... I had them pull the detroit, and they inspected it, and then exchanged it. I didn't even have the origonal recept... Also when they had to ship some parts to me cuz they didn't have them in store, they arrived when they said... I wouldn't say that they were exactly on the ball, and I kinda had to convince them that I really did know what I was talking about... But reading the problems that people have had with them on the bbs I took a very cautious approach...

Good luck and stick it to 'em good if they don't put out...

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Re: 4 w p w is gettin sneaky

Well, a while back I ordered 5 BFG's mounted on spoke rims, balanced, and including lugs and center caps. To my dismay, everything arrived on time and correct. The tires are good, the price was right, and I had no problems. However, I will be cautious, if ordering at all, in the future, based on what I've read on this forum.

Keep on Jeepin'
Scott

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm lookin' at some old ads in 4-Wheeler, and I see that Drivetrain Warehouse and 4 Wheel Parts Whslrs is the same place.

bobH

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 4 wheel parts wholesaler in my area is always packed for business. I see so many souped up 4 wheel drives over there. Kind of cool to see when driving by.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
4wd wholesalers has changed their name to 4wd performace in some areas, as well...

They've got pretty good prices. That's is their selling point. Get a quote for something from them then call the seller of your choice and see if they'll match the price! I just saved $40.00 on 4 rims... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif... Not quite enough to get a matching 5th. They'll be here in a week or so. (Centerline HT-II's, Type 31 15x8.5")

On another subject: can I slap my 31's on the Sport that uses metric tires??? I want to go 33's (at least)

Assuming both rims are 15'...What's the diff between metric and English? A selling tatic?

Another Jeepgeek!
Jon YJ94

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have ordered from them quite a few times and have never had a problem. Recently UPS lost a shipment from them (that's another story !)and when I talked with 4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers about it they overnight expressed new parts to me. Another time I fought with an after market fuel gauge for almost a year to make it work (I may not be bright, but I am stubborn). I even called Stewart Warner for help with no success. When I finally called 4 WPW the guy I talked to told me instantly what I needed, I got it and everything worked perfect. Maybe I've just been lucky ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have had good luck with them so far. I ordered 2 dana 44 R P's and they had some gear marking compound on them, but that is where they inspect them from the factory. They did not show any wear though. Only thing is I have ordered form them many times and also requested a catalog.....STILL NO Catalog.

Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as long as they both have 15" rims, you can swap them. for some reason some tires are labeled with metric numbers for width and height to width ratio but the rim size is always standard- 15, 15.5, 16, etc. hope that answers your question

Nick Hagen
1995 Wrangler
33" Mud Tires and a four banger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have bought all my diff parts from Randy's Ring and Pinion, they are the only ones I will do business with when it comes to those
kind of parts. VERY knowledgeable staff, and they only sell the good stuff. And, their prices are as good as anyone's. After all,
Randy Lyman is THE r&p guru.

Brad
Get active or get locked out, the choice is yours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would have loved to do business with Randy's but you can't even call them from California. They don't do business here and they have their number blocked from CA callers.

4 Wheel Parts Wholesalers are a bunch of F-in' crooks and need to be run out of business.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK, since I told the bad part of the story I feel obligated to relate the good side as well. After talking with 4WPH customer service they have agreed to 1) have UPS come by and pick up the 44 gears they sent and 2) they are having Dana ship a new set directly to me. I will let you know how it all turns out .

My other car is a BULLDOZER

·
Registered
267 Posts
Of course companies get sneeky. You just have to out smart them. I got a 1" body lift for my Jeep from them for $55 insted of the normal $80-120 I've seen elsewhere. Why was it so cheep? Because they wanted $300 TO PUT ON A 1" BODY LIFT! On a YJ, that has to be the easiest thing in the world to do. suckers.
Tas
'89 YJ, I6, 5-speed, Flowmaster, Euro tallights......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've gotten parts like that before. The put the wrong part in the box, they sell it, some poor fool spends a day trying to beat it on, he then returns it and they put it back on the shelf. The cycle repeats itself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I ordered a 2" Pro Comp suspension lift from them. The part #'s on the invoice matched. The ones on the boxes didnt. After I got the kit on, i pulled my jeep out of the garage and it was sitting way too high in front. They had sent me 4" springs for the front and 2" in the rear. After doing all this work I was pissed. Took the springs off and threw em back in the box to ship back. They were trying to charge me to ship them back because I had installed them. After gettin pretty heated up with some dude named Wally I talked to the head manager of the store. He sent the right springs and had the old ones piced up at my door. Still dont know if ill ever do business with them agin though.
Steve

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.