Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've shifted into 4wd high at 40. The manual says you can shift into 4wdh up to 50 or 55?? Where is that darn manual?? /wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gif and that you shouldn't exceed 55mph. I've done 65 in 4wdh (I know, why??)... I know of no damage to the front diff, though.... I def would not recommend going over 65 in 4wdh...

/wwwthreads_images/icons/blush.gifAren't 88's YJ's? If you have a CJ: Ignore this post! CJ's have manually locking hubs, and it would be REALLY, ummm, funny /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif to watch you trying to lock the hubs at 40mph! VISION: your passenger climbing on the hood, in sub-zero weather, reaching down... just a little farther and I can lock it.... OOPS! Where'd he go?!

Happy Jeepin!

YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond lift & more to come
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
My TJ manual says that I can engage 4WD "at any legal speed"......I guess if 70 is legal.......it's okay..I don't recall any top end to it. I don't envision much more than 40 myself.
GeeAea

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YJ94
That is why you need to have at least two spotters at all times./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

Cutch 88YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guess I'll need 2 new friends then! Especially since my last friend was lost trying to lock my YJ hubs! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond & stuff
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The manual for the TJ says upto 55mph... I do a lot of beach driving & fast dirt roads - until I got the lockright up fornt I would frequently go faster than that - but now I'm much more cautious.....

Cheers
Wooders

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.