Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in putting 4 point harnesses in my 91 YJ. I have the stock seats and do not want to mount the belts to the roll bar. I want them to be mounted on the floor. I don't know if this is possible with the stock YJ seats. Has anyone done this to a YJ, or seen it done, how did it work, and where did they get the harness from. Thanks for any help.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
I've heard that shoulder harnesses should not be mounted below your shoulders.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does anyone know if 4 point harnesses street leagal?

91 YJ swaped in 4.0L 2 inch lift. (work in progress)

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
How about 5 pt?
Legal?

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Hmm yes, but stock seats don't have an adjustable headrest.

It's solid, I think we would have to cut some holes?
Maybe you could either stich the holes really nice like, or put plastic thing-I-ma-jigs in them.

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?

G

·
I didn't even think about the stock seats, you are right. If the holes were cut through the seat without disrupting any support members, it may work. But I am not sure exaxtly what frame system the seat itself uses. I would worry about maintaining the integrity of that head rest after cutting holes through it. But then again, it may work without ever interfering with any of the seat framing members. I might be inclined to just buy new seats if I were going to put a harness in. But It's not my money so its easy to say that.

Chris

'88 Wrangler 258 i6,Weber, Rubicon Extreme duty 2.5"

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
It's easy enough to find out about stock seat frames.

Just find the local low-rider, and make him have an "accidental" engine fire. no doubt he has no means of putting it out, when it's all done, the seats won't have any fabric on them,

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Hey, what's wrong with low-riders? They make great ramps for testing your new suspension. I can't wait!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Now search friendly!

G

·
uh-oh, I hope we don't start the seat-belts being mounted to the floor vs cage debate again. Do a search, we just had a pretty extensive discussion. Lots of good info.

Postals have feelings too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts