Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a set of '85 heads that are ported they flow 188cfm on the intake side if i remeber correctly- good enough for 250 hp with the right camshaft- most of the works been done to them, i just have to finish porting them, and do the valve job and surface them- I wanna get rid of them because i found a set of Marine heads that flow better- and i might even go to a aluminum head? a blower too?

SPEED KILLS BUT YA GET THERE FASTER

KTM 500

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what marune heads did you find do you have a pert # right now the heads are my limiting factor for getting the flow I need

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know the part #'s for the '85's or the marine heads - The marince heads flow better outta the box then the 85 do the runners are wider and the swirl is bigger- Ive reworked them both alot the flow some air- THe exhaust side flow #'s still ain't that great though
Im more then likely getting a roller block and putting them on it, unless i can find a set of non swirl heads that i can get to flow better.
Im tryin to convert my toyota to a 4.3 - but i haven't built the engine yet - lots of parts but that's it - till i got the idea of building a all alumnium 4.3 - the old boss has a block :)

SPEED KILLS BUT YA GET THERE FASTER

KTM 500

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.