Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive heard that I can replace the crappy tempermental carter bbs carb on my YJ with a motercraft 2100 2 barrel

Im just wondering what all I need to do this swap (other than the new carb) is it hard and will it compliment an HEI swap that I also have in the works

does anyone have any info on this swap or know where to find more info

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Welcome to the BBS! Now first things first.... try the search function. MC2100 will bring up hundreds if not thousands of old posts on the subject. I have done the MC2100 and am running GM HEI. 300% better than stock.

You will need a carb stamped 108, an adapter (holley 2 barrel to rochester 2 barrel) I would recommend Mr. Gasket brand, it will take some minor modification to your throttle linkage and you'll have to work out how to use the choke. You will need a new air cleaner but that is no big deal.

Read up on it and start searching for the carb while you wait a day or two for the adapter to come in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,870 Posts
I agree.
The Carter BBD is a sorry excuse for a carb, and if you take it off road, you will find its limits real fast.

The MC 2100 does very well for me (and I'm a Holley man!).
They are plentiful, easy to work on and rebuild, and a very cost effective replacement for the Carter.
--------------

The only other options I would consider is,
Low dollar solution, Propane conversion.
This is sort of a poor mans fuel injection.

Big buck solution, Fuel Injection.
Cost is higher, but worth every penny!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts