Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have more money to spend....

I would like to rebuild the Dana300 with the TeraLo kit. Do I need to purchase anything extra in order to do a decent rebuild? How much time is involved? Any special tools? Can the average shadetree mech pull this off? Any tips, ideas or feedback is welcomed.

Thanks,

Larry 85CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifRemember Larry it's not that far off to Xmas/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif
I will like to hear how you come out of this. I would like to do this someday myself.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am currently right in the middle of the job, actually it's a piece of cake. The only special tool you will need is a dial gauge to check
shaft end play. The bearings really don't even need a press or puller, the proper size piece of pipe for a press, is all you need. The
bearings come off by being forced against the gears. The worst part is the $660 it cost for the kit! But won't the crawl ratio be just
great?!

Brad (from the 4 Wheeling center of the universe, 4 corners USA)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brad,

Where did you buy the kit? Your price seems to be about $30 cheaper than I can find it.

Thanks,

Larry 85CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.