Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I bolt my 2 barrel set up to the head and run it or do I need to do a bunch of other stuff?

Darrin V. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wall.gif

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to get my engine completly off of the computer. I run a motorcraft 2100 and I am gonna swap out my 4.2 out of my 87 yj and put in a 4.0 but it was fuel injected. was just wondering if I could slap my intake and carb on this engine and go?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
might be bassackwards but I dont want to be on that computer. i beleive there ia a port for the fuel pum if not i will go with a 12 volt pump and a toggle switch! or just rigg it to the ignition! I THINK!!!lol!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Galen! my rig already has the 2100 I am wanting to swap out my 4.2 carbureted engine for the 4.0 fuel injected engine. I dont want to go through all the hassle of getting the computer and intank pump and god knows what other crap. As far as the hill at Uwharrie, I think the tires were the limiting factor. Hopfully that will be remidied soon! and as far as rich's question I am also doing the GM HEI upgrade. I want off of the computer! that brings up annother question can I do the GM HEI upgrade on a 4.0? I know the hole a.s.s out of u&me Thing BUT I ASSUME the upgrade is still the same on a 4.0? Anyone Know for sure?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.