Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a nice 4.0 in the 'yard and I want to swap it into a 87 wrangler. The 4.0 is from a 89 cherokee. Can you just do the swap and put the old carburater back on so you don't have to do all the computer wiring and electronics for the fuel injection? Thanks ....The wrangler has the 4.2 in it right now that is blown.
~~TIM~~

--->"Some people go through life thinking they hit a triple: But they were actually born on third base."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can use your old manifold and carb because these only conect to the head and the 4L head swap to a 258 can use the existing manifold. You will need a new exhaust manifold or header as these are different.

I would recoment looking at some of the web sites with write ups for the 4L head swap on a 258, since this is very similar to what you will be doing except you will replace the block to.

bandhmo

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just curious, but isn't the '89 4.0L the older, non HO, renix injected version?
I can understand using the HO 4.0 for a swap and keeping the carb for sake of ease, but wouldn't swapping the older non HO version be a step down from the 4.2?
Just curious.

'88 Sahara, 4.2, auto, 4.0 head swap (finally), no trac bars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.