Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am posting this question in the short wheel base and the full size jeep forums. I picked up the drivetrain from a 72 wagoneer yesterday. It is a 360/TH400/Dana 20 combination. When I got the driveline out I started to inspect it, and there looks to be a spacer or adapter between the transmission and the engine. It is about 1.5 - 2 inches in length and matches to the back of the engine perfectly. There is also a nose for a starter on the driver's side of the transmission as if to accomodate an I6 or something. I am wondering if they used a spacer between the 360 and the th400 on the early wagoneers, or is this some sort of adapter or something. Any help will be appreciated.

Jesse

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Jesse,
You are right about the adapter. These were used in the early FSJ AMC's with that setup. It is a really good one so you have a good find. I am looking for the same setup but have not been lucky enough to find it yet so if ya find another one let me know, please. If I can find one I was going to have a TH-400 from a Quadra Trac rebuilt with all the stuff from one of these trannys so I didn't have to use the adapter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.