Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 73 bronco from a guy who said it had a rebuilt 351 in it and I can't remember what kind of 351 he said it was - I am pretty sure it is the windsor because I remember hearing that the other two models needed modifications to fit onto the C4 tranny that I have but I just want to make sure before I start buying stuff for it. Is there an easy way to tell difference between the different models?
Also I am looking for a good intake manifold and 4bbl carb to put on it. I don't need anything too high performance since all I do with it is take it offroad I just want one that won't give me too much trouble setting it up. I am almost sold on a getting a Q-jet for its offroad reputation, does anyone know which one I need and what the best intake is for it.
Thanks for any help

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The C stands for Cleveland and its a big block, the M means Modified, it means its been tuned, and the W is Windsor and it is a Small Block.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
it's probably not the M because it's a big block and wont just bolt into a smaller bronco. i bet it's the windsor, but check the valve covers. the cleveland has 8-bolt covers while the windsor has 5-bolt covers. while they all 3 have the same displacement, they're VERY different engines and hardly anything will interchange between them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.