Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a chevy 350 along with a TH350 auto tranny in my 83 CJ7. I was planning on using bolt in engine mounts from 4wd hardware. I would really like to keep the transfer case in the stock location so the driveshafts will not have to be changed. Is this possible to do or will I need to put the engine mounts in a spot other than the stock holes? By the way the transfer case is a d300 with an AA adapter to the stock 4 wheel drive tranny.
Thanks
Dan

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
ummmm.. what motor and tranny do you have now? makes a difference. AA adapter to the stock tranny? what do you have that you would need that on a stock tranny.

survival is instinct, but living takes guts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I had to move my mounts forward about 6" for my sbc. Mostly because my orig 2.5L sat pretty far back on the frame since it was such a short motor. Ideally, you want the motor as far forward as possible and still have room for some type of fan. Yes, you may have to shorten your front and lengthen your rear driveshaft but it will leave you with a better drive line angle. Something to consider, there's always a tradeoff!

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.