Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Could anyone please tell me if there would be any problems w/ mounting 35x12.5x15 to 15X8 Stock Wheel on my 1987 Bronco XLT? How about backspacing? Are there cheap fixes if so? Also, I am building up my main vehical, and this ones my budget builder for now. So I am going to go with the cheapest means possible to get this to clear 35 inch tires. So i have opted for a 3inch body lift for now. (My buds 87 xlt clears 35's with this and no rubbing at all!) So I am trying it. If this doesnt work out for me, is there a cheap way to obtain another inch or so? Thanks, I really appreciate anyones help.
-6-

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Havack is running 33x12.5's on stock rims under NO lift with NO rubbing on his 93 bronco, so with some fender trimming you could fit 35's with NO lift at all. 85NHbronco is running 35's under NO lift, but of course he's done plenty of cutting on the sheet metal. fender hacking is definitely the "budget" way and has no ill side effects like lifting does, though you dont get the extra lake fording height

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Muddy,

I actually discovered a small rub. The trailing edge of the bumper just touches the front tire under full stuff. Not really enough to leave a mark but if I put a washer behind my bumper spacer it wouldn't even touch then.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i get alittle rubbing on my radius arms at full hard turn with he 33x12.5's but not bad one hopefully soon i'll get extended arms or offset rims to go on it heck who knows maybe both lol

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
i had a 3" b.l. with 33's, and plenty of room for 35's. Rubbing on the radius arm would be a big concern, though. And as for 85NHBronc's truck, actually he did have a 3" b.l., and he made some crazy mods to his truck revolving around it

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
really? i guess his sig was "35's under stock suspension", which i read to be "no lift"... false assumption
i'm wondering how hard it would be to fit them under there now, because i'm apparently never going to be able to afford a SAS and i'm tired of this out of whack alignment on the ttb that nobody can fix because of skyjackers poor craftsmanship. i'd miss that altitude but the lower profile on the interstate would be nice. i dunno though, taking lift off a truck would surely make the world spin backwards for a minute... maybe its a bad idea? trimming the rears would be no problem but i can only trim the front so far before i get into floorpan... i guess there's always the body lift in a pinch

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
yes it does, but apparently they spent 3 minutes designing the brackets because the radarm drops dont allow for proper caster and the pivot drops require maxed out 2.75o shims to get the camber right. plus they drilled the hole in one of the brackets to close to the side of the bracket and my axle beam was hitting the bracket on hard side-loads until i took a grinder to the beam. i still think it needs some more grinding too. on top of that, their instructions sucked balls, coils have faded to pink, shocks were short-lived, and the paint flaked off the pitman arm. never again, ****em!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
*BigNorm checks off Skyjacker for any future mods* Thanx Muddy! On the other hand the Rancho Kit I was donated works wonderfully and I have no complaints yet about the rear shackle flip. NORM

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Yeah, wow, whata horror story!
I feel for ya, muddy!

My truck is getting the front-end aligned tomorrow, so i guess ill be able to let ya know this weekend how superlift's kit performs!
Between the three of us, weve got almost every option covered!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts