Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
33x12.50\'s on 15x8 A.R. Baja\'s with 3.75 BS TJ

I spent the last week in Nashville on business and across the street from the hotel was a Land Rover dealership that had a used 2002 TJ Sport in the front yard. Since I missed my Jeep I walked over one night after sportscenter to have a look and saw something that peaked my interest. After a wave of indignation washed over me as it was apparent that someone had traded in a Jeep for a Land Rover, I noticed that they had 33x12.50's on the above mentioned rims. What was interesting was that the Jeep still had it's stock suspention. I spent 25 solid minutes going over it looking for rub markes (none), or any other modifications (none)and checking how much clearance the tires had (they were fine). The next day I went back and test drove it. It did not rub at all. I drove it down a 30 degree slope where it was, over a 3 inch curb onto the street, and to a parking lot where I locked the wheel left and right and drove it in a circle. Still no rubbing. After that I called the salesman who had the mechanic remove a wheel and check for no spacers, and to confirm no lifts or other mods.

Has anyone else seen a setup like this?

I understand conventional wisdom on lift kits and the likely response this will get from lifted Jeepers, but if anyone can confirm that a setup like this can exist, let me know. If you live near Nashville the jeep in question is at the LR dealership at the Old Hickory Blvd (254) exit off of 65.

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Re: 33x12.50\'s on 15x8 A.R. Baja\'s with 3.75 BS TJ

it's possible, flex that thing a little and i bet it rubs. Also it could have rubi springs giving it a little extra hight. I'm guessing it's a pavement pounder, i know i rubed hard with 32" sx's on 15x8's w/ about that amount of back spacing when my sway bars were disconected.

·
Official Historian
8,339 Posts
Re: 33x12.50\'s on 15x8 A.R. Baja\'s with 3.75 BS TJ

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. That last little part about the sway bar. They make quite a difference in the amount of flex. The TJ has them front and rear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts