Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
33\'s on, looks great

yesterday i finished grinding out the centers of 2 of the fors rims i have with the mud terrain 33's, i put them on the front and there not to bad, they rub the sprins when i turn hard but it shouldnt be that big of a problem.. I put the 15x10's i have with 33x12.5 bfg at's in the rear, its perfect.. Well almost, one thing i dont like about it all is the rear tyres stick out wayy more than the fronts, but it will be fine for now. It looks so good and its high now.
with my sj 410 t-case in low range and the 33's aired down a bit i can spin them easily on the gravel AND the cement! I might not even use high range, well see how it goes on the street. I tried flexing it wiht the 33's and nothing rubs, it all looks good, and flexes like crazy. thats with the rear springs up front with 2" shackles and stock shackles in the rear. Im going to put my expander shackles in the front, thell be perfect for this setup.. Thelll be like missing links only theere self supporting, and they dont have bushings.
With my rear springs up front, 33's, and stock rear springs and shackles i can drive ontop of 4 stock sammy tyres and rims stacked (fully inflated) and keep all 4 tyres on the ground without much body roll! It is too sweeet!
I also have my new door panels installed, now my interior looks so nice too, espicially after i cleaned it all up, washed everything down.
today im going to intall my flares and lawn edging JEEPN sent me, so itll look really good.
then after that im going to try and find a wiring harness for this cd player i got so i can put it in the zuk..
or i might buy a front locker, well see.
My friend is probably going to get me 2 CJ springs, so ill put thoes in the rear, so some cheap shock things like Chris Minerich did, (he used stock shocks and got about 1200 RTI)..
The problem now... my drive shafts. Already the front one barley fits in.. for the front i might attempt to make somthing out of square tubing and a cv joints out of front wheel drive cars.. dont know what ill do for the rear, all the lift and flex will be bad for it. also on saturday im going to try and make a rear bumper instead of keeping using this crappy stock one.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: 33\'s on, looks great

Yeah i know what you mean scott.. My first mod was cutting the door hinges ( i think) and then i wanted more and more, now i have this high truck with 5.5 spoa, rear springs up front, rear locker, baby rock lobster t-case, custom bumpers and 33's! lots of fun.. but i cant wait till i get it on the trail.. its been killer not driving it since the fall.

·
Registered
7,958 Posts

How do you have time to do all that and still go to skool?

Sounds awesome, I picked up some CJ springs (imagine, ME having to buy them!) and want to put them on, but will have to wait a little while.

Glad to hear things are going well.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

·
Registered
702 Posts

Sounds sweet Anton, post some pictures soon :) I just bought my lawn edging today, and i was wondering, are you guys mounting them on top of the metal factory "flare support", or do u have to screw it to the bottom side? Thanks

-Ryan
'88 Sami. locked, Warned, lifted, geared. Two track mind :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts