Off Roading Forums banner

31x10.5 on stock rims??

2799 Views 8 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  **DONOTDELETE**
G
will 31x10.5 BFG All-terrains fit on stock wrangler rims?

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Yes. One time I mounted 33x12.50`s on 7`` Factory Ford wheels.

G
Yet but, your outer edges of your new tires will not wear the same as the center portion (unless you don't mind change your tires every 30k or maybe less). I believe they recommend 8 inch or wider rims for 31 and 33s.

Nycjeep :)

G
Don't know what the back spacing is on "factory Ford wheels", and like wise don't know what the back spacing is on the wheels on your Jeep, BUT I do know that you need less than 5" back spacing to handle a 30" or larger tire on a Jeep. 4.5" back spacing will handle up to a 35" tire, and the 4.5" is a good all around tire for most Jeeps with most tire sizes. For tires in the 27 to 28 inch range a 5.25 to 5.5 inch back spacing works ok, but larger tires will rub in tight turns.

Doug '97 TJ
My Web Site
G
Nope, a 7 inch rim will handle a 10.5 inch tire just fine. A 12.5 inch tire needs an 8 to 10 inch rim. 8" is ok too, but not needed enough to buy new rims for that reason only, and the 10" is really too wide for a 10.5 tire.

Doug '97 TJ
My Web Site
Will 31x11.5 tires fit on 7 inch wrangler wheels?

87 wrangler

G
ok now will 31 x 10.5 BFG all-terrains rub alot on a wrangler, i'm gonna get a 2 inch body lift soon, will that cover it?
thanks

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn
G
With stock rims they'll rub on the springs unless you put in some washers in the steering stops. As for the fenders, a 1" body lift should do the trick.

G
It will fit a 7" rim, but be a bit "bulgey". An 8" rim would probably be better. 8.5" will work too. 10" will work but is a bit wide for off roading. On the street it would be ok. None of these answers addresses the back spacing, however. You need less than 5".

Doug '97 TJ
My Web Site
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.