Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking out my old 305 V6-still runs-just lacking the torque for my dump truck. I got a nicely built 350 engine swapping in this weekend. Manual SM465 tranny. Will I need different engine mounts? And how about the flywheel/pressure plate/clutch assembly. I don't mind picking up some new stuff-but if the old clutch parts will work-it would be nice.

I will also have the running v6 available if someone is interested-its in the Virginia Beach area.

Any help on the swap is appreciated.

Thanks
~TIM~

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
He's talking about the old GMC 305 V6. It's an oddball motor from the days when GMC had their own. I think the last of them were put in the 68 model year.

I don't know much about them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a V6 305-mainly used in late 60's GMC trucks-but appeared in some heavier trucks in the early 70's-like my dump truck.....

Anyone have info on the swap?

~TIM~

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ya know, it's prob a good thing yer so far away ....... I'd prob be trying to buy the v-6 from ya ... for some crazy reason I've always wanted to bump one up 10:1 do a little porting fab a 4 barrel intake and headers and cram it in a pickup.

really don't know why just a wild hair kinda thing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I need a 305 V6

I just bought a 1967 GMC C25 pickup this past weekend in Indiana. The truck's original engine was a 305 V6, unfortunately the engine was scapped and now has a 250 inline 6 from sometime in the late 70's I would like to bring the truck as close to original as I can and I am looking for a GM 305 V6 truck engine. Please let me know if you want to sell yours or know of someone else that has one they are willing to part with.
Thanks, Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.